none
Lost Visual Studio Benefits After Creating Alias RRS feed

• Question

• I created an email alias to separate my accounts. Once I did so my Visual Studio Benefits and Downloads were revoked and the only option I had left was Visual Studio Dev Essentials. I've attempted to remove the alias at https://account.live.com/names/Manage but it throws an error requesting I created a new Primary Alias. I'd just like to remove the alias all together and get my benefits back so I can get to my projects.

Thanks,

JCrowe

• Edited by J.Crowe Friday, August 16, 2019 8:29 PM
    Friday, August 16, 2019 8:28 PM

All replies

• Hi J.Crowe,

Thank you for posting here.

Based on your description, please check below points for your account:

• If you remove an alias that's an email address from a Microsoft domain (like @hotmail.com, @live.com, @outlook.com, or @msn.com), you can't add it again as an alias for any Microsoft account.
    • If you remove an email address from @outlook.com, it can be re-created as a new account or alias after 30 days.
    • If you want to removed a connected email account, read how to Remove a connected account from Outlook.com.

Please learn more about how to Mange aliases on your microsoft account

If it persists, you could also talk to a Microsoft telephone support here.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, August 19, 2019 8:40 AM