PIC 18F4550 controlling scara robotic arm via usb using microsoft robotic studio RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sirs,

I downloaded the microsoft robotic studio.however I don't know how to do.

I'm working on a project: I want to control a scara robot( robotic arm) in order to move objects,writing using the hand.

Our project must use pic microchip.

I chose the pic18F4550 since it has a usb port and pwm output to control servo motors.

My questions are:

1-Is my choice to microsoft robotics right?how?

2-Can I interface usb using microsoft robotics?how?

3-Do you have any other suggestion that can direct me to the right pass?

Thank you in advance

Best Regards,

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 1:23 AM

Answers

• If you are expecting to compile code to run on the PIC microcontroller, then RDS is not the right product for you. What you need to do to use RDS is write some code for the PIC microcontroller using some other package and then communicate with the microcontroller from RDS running on Windows.

Your second question does not make much sense. RDS can talk to devices over USB but only if you already have a suitable library of functions to access the device and you write an RDS service that uses those functions.

Trevor

Friday, December 10, 2010 8:10 AM

All replies

• If you are expecting to compile code to run on the PIC microcontroller, then RDS is not the right product for you. What you need to do to use RDS is write some code for the PIC microcontroller using some other package and then communicate with the microcontroller from RDS running on Windows.

Your second question does not make much sense. RDS can talk to devices over USB but only if you already have a suitable library of functions to access the device and you write an RDS service that uses those functions.

Trevor

Friday, December 10, 2010 8:10 AM
  • Maybe it is not a bad idea to ask mr. Google what to do... If you enter "SV PC USB Projects" you get a number of hits. It is really easy to control anything, even a robotic arm... There are various circuit diagrams and even more ideas. I guess that a DC motor controller would solve your problems.
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:01 AM