none
Problem while validating the instance RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm trying to validate two instances of an edifact schema used by 2 partners. The validation fails for the following scenarios. If there are any diaresis with a vowel, say ü (u with diaeresis), i'm getting the error "Invalid characters found" And its the same case when i get characters like  («R») .

And though i give the specified delimiters in the source file its not identifying it as the delimiter set.
    In the first instance, (for a french partner)
    UNA:+.? 'UNB+UNOC:3
    In the second instance, (for a spanish partner)
    UNA:+.? 'UNB+UNOA:1
    But for certain files, it is not distinguishing ? as the release indicator and space( ) as the repetition element.

If i have to change the encoding format, please suggest me how i should proceed with the same.
    Thank you!

Regards,
    -banu.
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 12:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,
        for the spanish partner you used UNOA encoding that allows:
  • A to Z
  • 0 to 9
  • . , – ( ) / = (space)
  • But I think Spanish partner will be using some other characters also. so you need to change it to UNOC .
    UNOC allows :
    ISO-8859 character set.

And one more thing here is to check in which format you saved your file on the file system. For using these types of character you should always save the file as UTF-8 encoded type.

Thanks
    Gyan

If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 7:13 PM

All replies

• You will need to change the encoding format to UTF8, what do you currently have it set at (Extended?)
    Eric Stott [http://blog.biztalk-info.com] - Mark as Answer if this reply does.
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 2:31 PM
  • Hi,
        for the spanish partner you used UNOA encoding that allows:
  • A to Z
  • 0 to 9
  • . , – ( ) / = (space)
  • But I think Spanish partner will be using some other characters also. so you need to change it to UNOC .
    UNOC allows :
    ISO-8859 character set.

And one more thing here is to check in which format you saved your file on the file system. For using these types of character you should always save the file as UTF-8 encoded type.

Thanks
    Gyan

If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 7:13 PM