none
"Can't find project or library" error on Property Get CallVSTOAssembly() RRS feed

• Question

• Visual Studio 2008
    Excel 2007 workbook customization

The error "Can't find project or library" recently began occurring in the VBE on the following line of code:

Property Get CallVSTOAssembly() As ShipdebitClaimProcessor.ThisWorkbook

This only happens on clients using the published version. On my develpment PC it works fine.
    On the client in the VBE, under Tools, References, it says

MISSING: ShipDebitClaimProcessor
        Location: C:\MyCompany\OfficeApplication\Excel\ShipDebitClaimProcesor\bi

Although the location appears truncated, it probably points to the assembly located in the bin folder as it exists on my development PC. Of course, this path does not exist on the client. What should it say instead to make it work on the client, and how can it be corrected? Is it supposed to reference the ClickOnce cache somehow?

This customization has been in use for several years. It may have been broken by the most recent changes which involved deleting some sheets and changing the VBA code.  I've tried creating a new project from scratch, using an existing Excel file.

Friday, March 18, 2011 6:25 PM

All replies

• Which SP1 do you mean? I have:

Excel 2007 (12.0.6545.5000) SP2 MS0 (12.0.6545.5004)
    Visual Studio 2008 9.0.30729.1 SP
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:04 PM