JavaScript Live SDK can't create/rename folder on Skydrive.

Question

• Hi, my app is using Javascript Live SDK to access Skydrive. It was working perfectly yesterday, however an error occured today when I was trying to create a new folder on my skydrive, but I didn't change any code of my app.

My JS code to call Live APi looks like this:

var result = WL.api({
                path: "folder.059fecad6ca5206f.59FECAD6CA5206F!272",
                method: "POST",
                body: {
                    "name": "MyFolder"
                }
            });

It returns an error with code and message:

code = "request_token_missing"

message = "The request doesn't include an access token. Performing this action requires a valid access token."

But my app does have access token because login is successful and my app can download/upload any files in my skydrive folder.  By the way, I tested another app that I wrote it with .NET Live SDK before. .NET app works well and is able to create folder as I want.

In addition, I downloaded demo JavaScript app and used the API service (in this demo app) to retest the creation/rename of Skydrive, it has same behavior as my own app.

I've also checked the permissions and settings of my Javascript app. They looks good. Actually I've never changed them since my apps created.

I am hoping I'm missing something important here, but I am also wondering that there is a change or new bug on Skydrive server side.

Friday, November 23, 2012 2:58 AM

All replies

• I've been having a lot of trouble with it the past few days, also-I think it's a bug with their server.  ('Can't Contact The Server' error message constantly).  It's getting pretty frustrating. :-(
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 4:35 PM
  • Hi,

This is a duplicated thread. Another thread is here:  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/messengerconnect/thread/3215df65-bbb2-4851-b020-75a7815d5b29

I thinks this must be a server-side problem as well. 

cheers

Alex

woodhead is as woodhead does

Friday, November 30, 2012 2:09 AM