Does "Windows update" and "Microsoft Forefront Client Security" can affect appfabric caching service? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Gentleman,

I found an interesting thing, sometime when I use "Windows update"  to install "Microsoft Forefront Client Security" update, almost at the same time, the appfabric caching maybe doesn't work. I googled a lot but I couldn't find any evidence about it.

So I want to consult you, do you think "Windows update" can affect caching service?

Regards,
    Bob

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:31 AM

Answers

• Are you using Windows Server AppFabric or Windows Azure AppFabric? If you're using Windows Server AppFabric, please post the question on http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/velocity/threads. If you're using Windows Azure AppFabric, please note currently the cache service can only be used in Windows Azure cloud or Compute Emulator. If you're using it in the cloud, then obvious this has nothing to do with your local machine's Forefront update. Please check if the problem is caused by something else. If you're using it in Compute Emulator, I haven't seen any of such reports. But  a workaround is to wait until Forefront finishes updating and then launch your application again. Updating doesn't happen too often anyway.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 1:27 PM

All replies

• Are you using Windows Server AppFabric or Windows Azure AppFabric? If you're using Windows Server AppFabric, please post the question on http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/velocity/threads. If you're using Windows Azure AppFabric, please note currently the cache service can only be used in Windows Azure cloud or Compute Emulator. If you're using it in the cloud, then obvious this has nothing to do with your local machine's Forefront update. Please check if the problem is caused by something else. If you're using it in Compute Emulator, I haven't seen any of such reports. But  a workaround is to wait until Forefront finishes updating and then launch your application again. Updating doesn't happen too often anyway.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 1:27 PM
  • Thanks for your help, I'm using Windows Server AppFabric and I've posted the question in the forum that you meantioned.
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:30 AM