[UWP] App name didn't get change on Microsoft store RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have an app in production store. We tried to change the app name in last release (we have changed the app name few months back too successfully). 

Procedure:

1. we have reserved the app name on dashboard for all the locales we support for the app. 

2. In manifest, we added the path for the string for the app name like this: 

ms-resource:/CommonClassLibrary/resources/AppNameNewTitle

CommonClassLibrary is a submodule in the app solution where we have "Strings" folder --> en-US, Ja-Jp folders --> Resources.resw files in corresponding folders. 

We released the build and after 1 week too, app name is not reflected on the store, though when we download the app from store it shows the updated name in the bottom right notifications which comes. 

Can you tell what can be the issue here? 

Thanks.

• Moved by Barry Wang Monday, April 23, 2018 2:28 AM Store issue
    • Moved by Mattew Wu Monday, May 7, 2018 1:40 AM
    Friday, April 20, 2018 12:52 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Without seeing package or submission, it's hard to tell the specific reason.

You could create a support ticket through your developer account so that support investigate with details.

Please select Applications as your Issue Type and submit an incident.

Please feel free to update here if you have any progress or you need further help.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 23, 2018 9:07 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I've moved your case to the right forum. UWP app forum is mainly about developing. Your issue is more related to "Publishing Windows Store apps"

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 23, 2018 2:30 AM
  • Hello,

>We released the build and after 1 week too, app name is not reflected on the store, though when we download the app from store it shows the updated name in the bottom right notifications which comes. 

To change your app name in the Store, please follow the steps in Rename an app that has already been published.

According to the screenshot, the app name has been changed when your app gets installed. This could be that you change the Display Name in VisualElements in package manifest. This display name will be shown on user's local device. You need to change the Package/Properties/DisplayName element in your app manifest. You could create a new package for update submission and when it passes certification, the app name could be changed in the Store in 24 hours.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

Monday, April 23, 2018 8:53 AM
  • Hi,

>> You change the Display Name in VisualElements in package manifest

I have NOT updated the Application -> Display name in app manifest. I don't want client machine app name to be changed. I want only store name to be changed. 

>>You need to change the Package/Properties/DisplayName element in your app manifest. 

I have my app name in 19 locales so for that I added: ms-resource:/CommonClassLibrary/resources/AppNameNewTitle  in Packaging -> Package display name column of the manifest. 

Earlier I have a string "AppNameTitle" in Resources.resw, I created a new string "AppNameNewTitle" in all locales of Resources.resw.

Note: CommonClassLibrary is a submodule in the app solution where we have "Strings" folder --> en-US, Ja-Jp folders --> Resources.resw files in corresponding folders. 

>> please follow the steps in Rename an app that has already been published.

I have already read and followed the steps of this wiki earlier only.

1. I have reserved all the names in 19 locales in manager app names on dashboard. 

2. Updated the Packaging -> Package display name column of the manifest given above.

3. Submitted to store, passed the certification. Released 3 weeks back still app name is not updated. Name on store is not updated but only notification name is changed.

Can you please help in this? 

Thanks.

Monday, April 23, 2018 9:01 AM
  • Hello,

Without seeing package or submission, it's hard to tell the specific reason.

You could create a support ticket through your developer account so that support investigate with details.

Please select Applications as your Issue Type and submit an incident.

Please feel free to update here if you have any progress or you need further help.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

Monday, April 23, 2018 9:07 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for the inputs. I have raised a ticket and got the reply from other side too. But they asked for a nearly a week time which is really too much for our app. 

Can you please help escalating this issue?  (ID - SRX1423721055ID )

Let me know if more info is required from our side.

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 6:45 AM