Select speaker with SndPlayAsync function RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using SndPlayAsync function to play a wav file (with a SmartPhone under WM6.1). My problem is that i need to select which speaker is used (the "normal" speaker when we have a call, or the "surround" speaker, in the freehands mode for example). SndPlayAsync function use systematically the surround speaker.

Is it possible to choose the speaker ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 2:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Renaud_R,

As far as I know, there's no generic and standard solution to reach your goal on whatever Windows Mobile device, since there's no generic solution, it's up to each OEM to decide if they want to give developers with a programmatic way to do what you want.

By the way, you can try to use waveoutopen API to select sound device, but we can't guarantee it works, since OEM may restrain it.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Monday, October 19, 2009 7:37 AM

All replies

• I've tried to use functions in ossvcs.dll to set the speaker mode. I receive a notification (The Speakerphone is on), but the sound is always coming from the surround speaker ...

If someone has an idea ...
    Friday, October 16, 2009 7:12 AM
  • Hi Renaud_R,

As far as I know, there's no generic and standard solution to reach your goal on whatever Windows Mobile device, since there's no generic solution, it's up to each OEM to decide if they want to give developers with a programmatic way to do what you want.

By the way, you can try to use waveoutopen API to select sound device, but we can't guarantee it works, since OEM may restrain it.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Monday, October 19, 2009 7:37 AM