none
New flight 14986 released for Insiders RRS feed

• General discussion

• We have released a new flight with the build number 14986 for insiders. If you discover any new issues, please report it using the feedback app.

New this build:

• Changes were made to the Windows Devices Portal (WDP/Web Management) to ensure that the “Restart Now” option is properly displayed when updates are available.
    • Changes were made to the Windows Devices Portal (WDP/Web Management) to address issues with the action menu where it was requiring two clicks when one was expected.
    • The Class Extensions for Hardware Notification (hwnclx) and USB Function (usbfnclx) have been added to the default IoT Core images.
    • Changes were made to SetComputerName to prevent the invalid character * from being added to some randomly generated names.
    • Issues with the On Screen Keyboard were addressed including the correct placement of the lowercase z key and removal of the & from some labels.
    • Issues with the MSA sign-in preventing the default application from launching have been addressed.

Known Issues:

• GattDeviceService.GetCharacteristics may throw an unexpected System.ArgumentException.
    • Default applications may fail to start when using the store signed packages after a servicing update is applied if the License.xml is not present. A work around exists of adding the License.xml file to the application directory.
    • The package version for some inbox applications may not match the installed version.
    • Store applications are not being serviced when in use or set as the default application.
    • NanoRDP does not render correctly and may not connect on this build.
    • When multiple audio devices are present on the board audio routing changes may not persist across boots.
    • The MinnowBoard Max firmware 0.93 has a known issue which can lead to network connectivity failure.
    • Due to the signing of this build the date of the firmware and hardware real-time-clock on the device must be after 8/30/2016.
    • Currently the MBM does not have a released firmware that meets the minimum requirements for this build.
    • Boards such as the Joule that do not have a battery backup for the clock will lose their time when the power is pulled and must be reset in the UEFI prior to boot.

Thanks!

Friday, December 9, 2016 8:03 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

Any idea when bluetooth will start supporting the Audio Profile on Windows IoT??

Regards,

Anne

Saturday, December 10, 2016 1:32 PM
  • The new build installed successfully on my RPi but I still don't see the menu option in the Windows Device Portal to enable the on screen keyboard (OSK).

Adrian

Saturday, December 10, 2016 2:25 PM
  • Hi Anne,

The IoT Core team works on an Agile schedule so can not comment on timelines for any particular feature.  Whenever a feature is added it will appear in a version post like this one.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Sunday, December 11, 2016 3:39 AM
  • The new build works locally but Remote Connection don't work! Only a white display is shown. Is this a known issue or is it only I that have this problem? I have 10 Raspberry Pi3 running and they all have the same problem. Local display is normal. 

Sunday, December 11, 2016 5:14 PM
  • The new build works locally but Remote Connection don't work! Only a white display is shown. Is this a known issue or is it only I that have this problem? I have 10 Raspberry Pi3 running and they all have the same problem. Local display is normal. 

Same problem here ....
    Sunday, December 11, 2016 5:33 PM
  • Same problem here, this is the second release since the On Screen Keyboard was added, and I don't have a clue how can I install/activate it. Any help would be great.

Sunday, December 11, 2016 6:08 PM
  • I have not found the OSK setting either....
    Monday, December 12, 2016 5:48 PM
  • Remote Connection issue here as well, although my mouse becomes visible on the Pi-screen when I move it over the white screen.....
    Monday, December 12, 2016 5:51 PM
  • I second/third the issues with the OSK, it would be really nice to know how to enable this.
    Monday, December 12, 2016 8:40 PM
  • Hi Folks,

I have the following information from an IoTCore Team Member:

As the OSK is a new package, when updating to latest image you can confirm that the OSK package also deployed by checking the app is present via “dir c:\windows\systemapps\Microsoft.Windows.IoTShell.OnScreenKeyboard_cw5n1h2txyewy”

In this build the OSK is installed and disabled by default (Only available on Insider images).

The Windows Device Portal setting to enable/disable OSK is under Device Settings (scroll to the bottom).  There is no need to Save anything, just check the box. You may need to update your portal app to have this setting.

Note that a text input field must be focused (touch, tab, mouse) and OSK will appear. To confirm, the Default app has a text field under “Command Line” menu.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, December 12, 2016 8:49 PM
  • Went looking for "c:\windows\systemapps\Microsoft.Windows.IoTShell.OnScreenKeyboard_cw5n1h2txyewy" on two devices (RP2 and RP3) running 10.0.14986.1000 and couldn't find it. Are there actions that need to be taken before an update to make sure it's installed?
    Monday, December 12, 2016 9:37 PM
  • Hi Pannell,

I will double check with the team member that gave me the steps above.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, December 12, 2016 11:18 PM
  • Same thing here, just checked, and the app is not there.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 5:06 PM
  • Same here, these are all the apps in SystemApps:

Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy

Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy

Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy

Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy

Microsoft.Windows.IoTShell.IoTDevicesFlow_cw5n1h2txyewy

Microsoft.Windows.IoTShell.IoTShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy

WebAuthBridgeInternet_cw5n1h2txyewy

WebAuthBridgeInternetSso_cw5n1h2txyewy

WebAuthBridgeIntranetSso_cw5n1h2txyewy

Anne

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:07 PM
  • Hello folks,

I have not heard back from the team yet but if the app is not there you will not be able to start it.  Based on your responses, I suspect it is only in the full install and not the update package.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 9:05 PM
  • The full install of 14986 is not available on Windows IoT Insider Preview Download site, the last one available is 14931. A link for downloading the full package would be very useful.
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:24 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

I can't agree more however packaging the full image take longer than the update so the update is made available as soon as it passes basic testing while the full build requires more investigation before it is released.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Friday, December 16, 2016 12:30 AM