How to show the programmatically added recurring events in SharePoint calendar on Outlook overlay RRS feed

• Question

• I have added recurring events to a SharePoint calendar programmatically using SPServices UpdateListItems. I am able to see the recurring events in the SharePoint calendar.

However, when I connect the calendar to Outlook, the Outlook seems to be unable to sync and display any of the programmatically added recurring events, i.e., I am not seeing these programmatically added recurring events when I overlay the SharePoint calendar in outlook.

I was wondering do I need to set any attribute while creating recurring events programmatically in SharePoint calendar so that I can see these events when I overlay this calendar in outlook.

I am using the following code.

var xmlData = '<recurrence><rule><firstDayOfWeek>su</firstDayOfWeek><repeat><daily dayFrequency="1" /></repeat><repeatForever>FALSE</repeatForever></rule></recurrence>';

xmlData=xmlData.replace(/</g, '&lt;');

xmlData=xmlData.replace(/>/g, '&gt;');

$().ServiceUtility({

operation: "UpdateListItems",

async: false,

batchCmd: "New",

listName: "Calendar",

valuepairs:[["EventDate", "2014-12-12T09:30:00Z"],["EndDate", "2014-12-20T10:00:00Z"], ["fRecurrence", "1"], ["Title", "TestRecurring"], ["fAllDayEvent", "0"], ["RecurrenceData", xmlData], ["EventType", 1]],

completefunc: function (xData, Status) {

//Do nothing

alert("s");

}

});

• Edited by mj14 Wednesday, December 10, 2014 5:58 AM
    Wednesday, December 10, 2014 5:35 AM

Answers