none
Problems with Sharepoint Server tab in Visual Studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm following the indications given in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee767686.aspx to configure the Visual Studio 2010 in order to start working on Project Server 2010 custom workflows.

I found out problems with procedure 2, but the given workaround worked well for me. The problem comes when trying to add a Toolbox tab for Sharepoint Workflow activities. I've tried both the System.Workflow Components tab and the .NET Framework Components tab and none of them works for me. In both cases I get the greyed out components.

I'm currently using the latest trials for Sharepoint 2010, Project Server 2010 and Visual Studio 2010 to evaluate the whole EMP solution viability for my company. I would appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks in advance.

• Moved by Alexander.BurtonModerator Monday, February 21, 2011 6:35 PM Programming question (From:Project Server - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation)
    Monday, February 21, 2011 12:28 PM

Answers

• Hi everyone,

The issue got solved! I forced Windows Update to download all important and optional Updates and the .NET Framework Components tab workaround now works correctly. Hope this helps to anyone in the same situation!

Thank you very much for your time.

• Marked as answer by mr_sd Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:17 AM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:17 AM

All replies

• Check out this whitepaper: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=200608
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Monday, February 21, 2011 10:23 PM
  • Hi Christophe,

Thanks very much for your reply, but that whitepaper contains the same procedure when it comes to adding the SharePoint Server - Workflow tab into the toolbox, so the problem is still there for me. As far as I've seen, it doesn't even include the .NET Framework Components tab workaround, so it seems focused on the retail version.

As I mentioned before, I downloaded and installed the latest available trials of SharePoint 2010, Project Server 2010 and Visual Studio 2010 for evaluation purposes. The workarounds in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee767686.aspx were supposedly intended for beta versions of any of the three products and I had to use at least one. Should I consider then the trials as beta or limited releases, or are they fully functional and equivalent to the retail versions?

Not being able to develop custom workflows is a major issue for us in my company, so solving it would be vital for our evaluation. Again, I would greatly appreciate any further help, thanks!!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:02 AM
  • Hi everyone,

The issue got solved! I forced Windows Update to download all important and optional Updates and the .NET Framework Components tab workaround now works correctly. Hope this helps to anyone in the same situation!

Thank you very much for your time.

• Marked as answer by mr_sd Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:17 AM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:17 AM