none
Apache POI - Open XML tool reports no validation errors but powerpoint always wants to repair file... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm working with Apache POI libraries to generate presentation documents by merging existing presentations together. I have faced a problem whereby, Powerpoint always wants to repair the file, and when it does, the content is exactly as I expect it. Open XML SDK Tool reports no validation errors, so I'm looking for ideas why powerpoint wants to repair the files? Is there a way to see what powerpoint has actually repaired?

Thanks

Lakhvir 

Saturday, October 22, 2016 5:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since your files are generate by Apache POI libraries, sorry that we might not offer helpful suggestions. However, I would suggest you repair the file and compare repaired and un-repaired one to check the difference using Open XML SDK Tool.

Besides, you could also compare the normal file which is manually generated with your files which are generate by code. Compare them, then you could get what has been repaired by Office. And I think the issue might cause from your code about how to merge the files.

Regards,

Celeste

Monday, October 24, 2016 3:09 AM