How can I re-size an image stored as a byte array and having a byte array with a resized copy of that image? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a byte array which corresponds to an image. Now I need to re-size this image and store the re-sized image also as a byte array.

I've been trying A LOT of solutions that I found when researching, but NONE of them helped as they are all working with other images format or they don't result in a byte array or in any type that I could convert to a byte array.

It's driving me crazy as I'm not used to work with images and this confusing methods =/

I'm developing in C# a Windows Store App. I'll really appreciate any help! =)

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:46 PM

All replies

• So, were you able to get the image resized, and save it as a file?  If so, I don't see any reason why the file couldn't be opened as a byte array.  If you can post that part, I am sure we can figure out the rest.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 4:18 PM