On screen keyboard not inputting text for Pidgin

Question

• I have an Acer Iconia Tab W500, and when I use the on screen keyboard, it doesn't send the text to Pidgin.  It's the only program that it doesn't seem to work with.  The handwriting recognition part works with it, just not the regular or split keyboard.  Any fixes, or could it be an issue with the W500?
    Monday, January 23, 2012 8:47 PM

Answers

• Hello badmisterfrosty,

If the on screen keyboard works on other programs and not the Pidgin, it seems the issue would be with Pidgin.
    The manufacturers of Pidgin, may not have it compatible with Windows Developer Preview since it is not even a Beta product yet.

I suggest you try and install Pidgin in compatibitlity mode for Windows 7 and see if that helps.

You may be able to install drivers that are designed for other versions of Windows by using the compatibility troubleshooter. You can try this troubleshooter by:

·         Enter the Start screen

·         Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section

·         Select Search

·         Type Compatibility

·         Click Settings in the right column

·         Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver/drivers

Let us know if this helps.

Marilyn
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:48 PM