Can arguments window be made read only in the re-hosted designer? RRS feed

• Question

• I have some use cases where I'm using workflow to allow customers to do some customized scripting at specific trigger points in our application.  In each scenario, when our application executes a workflow, it must pass in a pre-defined set of arguments.  I'm using the re-hosted designer and am able to easily add the arguments programatically to the workflow definition before I open it in the designer for the first time.  However, once there, if I allow the user to have access to the arguments window, they are able to change the argument definitions thus breaking the "contract" between the application and the workflow.  I know I can hide the arguments button, but I don't really want to do that because I obviously want users creating workflows to know what arguments are available for use within the workflow.

So, my question is, is there a way I can allow the arguments control to be displayed while not allowing the user to change them?

Thanks in advance,  ~Howard

Monday, April 12, 2010 11:20 PM

All replies

• I don't think we have the way make the argument designer readonly.

we have the method to make the whole workflowdesigner readonly.

Monday, April 12, 2010 11:24 PM
  • Alright.  I've got a few ideas for workarounds that I can try, but it seems like it would be a helpful feature.  If you find that there is a way to do it, please let me know.

~Howard

Monday, April 12, 2010 11:36 PM
  • Hi all,

sorry to say i tryed by many way to found a solution t this usie but i found none. I hope we could found this as new feature in the futur SP1.

Jérémy Jeanson MCP http://blogs.codes-sources.com/JeremyJeanson/ (French or English Spoken)
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:18 AM
  • however, there is some way to control the argument designer.

you can use model change to monitor activitybuilder.property to solve this problem.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:31 PM