VS C# Test Template Automation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have VS Ultimate 2013 standard install on a VM. The question is, Where can I get the Record Test Template for the C# and/or Visual Basic? I am trying to build a script in VS as it is shown on the web YouTube @ < h t t p s :// www. Youtube.com/watch?v= jfxz5ZJ7LfM >. This is the Coded UI video that shows the record and playback for test automation in VS. But, when I open my installed Visual Studio Ultimate 2013, I do not have any templates installed. I have searched for C# Automation Test Templates where the user can record business process activities and then replay those and create parameters and call data files to use in the data input. But, that template to be able to open a start this recording process eludes me. Does anyone know where I can download and install this Test Automation Template? Thanks, BigE
    Monday, September 19, 2016 4:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Elton_BigE,

According to your description, you want to create a Coded UI Test project, but the Coded UI Test template was not listed in Visual Studio Template. Am I right?

VS2013 Ultimate support Coded UI Test, when we install the Visual Studio and the test templates were installed by default. In my VS2013 Ultimate, I could create the Coded UI Template as the following screenshot, please make sure the version of .NET Framework is greater than 4.5.

After creating a coded UI project, and if you want to record the action, you could right-click inside the CodedUITestMethod1. Then choose Generate Coded for Coded UI Test->Use Coded UI Test Builder to record the action. Please refer to the following screenshot:

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Oscar_Wu Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Oscar_Wu Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:49 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 5:37 AM