none
Control elements not showing in XAML Designer. Pls help.

Question

• Hi!

I have Visual Studio 2015 community edition. My problem is, that i start any windows 8 app and i drag the elements (button, checkbox) from toolbox to the grid, and its not appearing. I tried to reinstall the program but its not helped. I search the whole internet for the solution, but i cant find any help. Pls help me. Thanks :)

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 12:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi dieer,

I also occurred this situation before in my Visual Studio 2015. But my situation is a little different with yours. In my Visual Studio, sometimes I drag a control to the page, it will not appear, just a frame, which is the same on your screenshot.

But after I drag it to change its location, it will appear again. Please try drag the control in your machine to check whether it also show again.

If still not appear, please try with following steps to troubleshoot this issue.

1. Close all third part software on your machine when running Visual Studio, such as antivirus.
    2. Please check whether you installed any packages and extension for your Visual Studio. Please disable/uninstall these packages and extensions to make sure this problem is not caused by them.
    3. Reset all setting for your Visual Studio.
    4. Repair your Visual Studio.

In addition, please check whether your Visual Studio has installed the latest update. If not, please download and install from below link.

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/vs2015-update2-vs.aspx

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 16, 2016 8:41 AM
  • Hi Weiwei Cai!

Thanks for your answer. I deleted all programs and extension for visual studio, then i reinstalled the program and just the 8.1 sdk. The problem is still exist... Nothing changed. Maybe something not installed. I dont know. The .Net Framework and Visual C++ are installed as you can see. Any other idea? Thank your help anyway.

Thursday, June 16, 2016 12:26 PM
  • Hi dieer,

Please create other type of project, such as WPF project, which also using XAML designer. If just the Windows app designer has this issue, it should be related to the Windows SDK and Windows app project template. If other type of project also has this issue, this problem may be caused by Visual Studio itself and the machine environment.

I find there has other communities also has similar problem, and someone provide some workaround for this issue. Please try the workaround in following link.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/870242/visual-studio-2013-ultimate-designer-not-showing-any-ui-elements-controls

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, June 17, 2016 1:27 AM
  • Thanks for your help :)
    Friday, June 17, 2016 11:15 AM
  • Hi dieer,

Do you have resolved that problem with above suggestion? If yes, please mark the helpful reply as answer which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem.

If not, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, June 20, 2016 12:41 AM