Unwanted Save As dialog after finished editing document properties RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a problem with saving the changes that I've made to a document properties in SharePoint 2010.

After I have filled out the data and clicked on a "Save" button, I get a pop up window that offers me to open/save the document on a hard disk, just as a regular pop up when downloading something from the Internet using IE.

Instead of that it should just save the changes to the document properties and switch to a document library. It worked fine in SharePoint 2007, but after we have migrated it to SP 2010, the window began to pop up.

All new documents are listed on a specific page and there is a "edit" button placed next to the document name, so it works like a link to the document properties, and it goes wrong from there (I have also tried to click "Save" button from ribbon, but result is the same). However, if I go directly to document library and choose document properties from there, it works fine.

It seems that the problem is with that "edit" button (or its functionality) on a page with new documents.

Anyone have any suggestions or seen that problem before?

Kind regards,

Igor Demjanov

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 12:43 PM

Answers

• I have found some time ago a workaround that could eliminate this problem, but it requires additional click :)

You have to edit your .xsl file, and change the action for button click from EditForm.aspx to DispForm.aspx.

Once you have done that, if you click on the edit icon next to the item, you will be redirected to DispForm.aspx page, and then you have to click edit again.

Modify your item/file properties and click save - the Save As Dialog should not appear.

Regards,

Igor

• Marked as answer by Igor Demjanov Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:51 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:51 AM

All replies

• Anyone knows how to remove this "Save As" dialog window after I have finished editing document properties and clicked "Save" button?

I would really appreciate, if someone could reply, and if any additional information is required, just post a comment.

Kind regards,

Igor Demjanov 

Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:00 PM
  • I have found exactly the same problem here, but no solution:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-NZ/sharepoint2010general/thread/a91371fa-3bf0-4d40-a2dc-0cb2319e5534

KR

Igor Demjanov

Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:54 PM
  • I have found some time ago a workaround that could eliminate this problem, but it requires additional click :)

You have to edit your .xsl file, and change the action for button click from EditForm.aspx to DispForm.aspx.

Once you have done that, if you click on the edit icon next to the item, you will be redirected to DispForm.aspx page, and then you have to click edit again.

Modify your item/file properties and click save - the Save As Dialog should not appear.

Regards,

Igor

• Marked as answer by Igor Demjanov Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:51 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:51 AM