none
Error 1172 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I am using CMO Version 4.0 (which is converted to a .NET assembly) from Copley Controls and LabView to create custom programs to run treadmill amplifiers and create user defined velocity profiles. 

I have several versions of similar code, ranging from simple controls to more complicated controls. My standard, base program always works. However, after making a few changes to the more complicated code and saving it as a different file, none of my code works now. I haven't changing anything to the original, base code and now it doesn't work. 

I keep getting the following error and I do not know what it means:

Error 1172 occurred at Error calling method CMLCOMLib.canOpenObj.Initialize, (System.Reflection,.TargetInvocationException:Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Inner Exception: System.Exception:Access Denied)

Possible Reasons: LabVIEW: A .NET exception in an external assembly. For information about correcting this error, copy the following exception (in bold) and search the Microsoft Developer Network Web site or the Web for a possible explanation. 

I would appreciate any suggestions. 

Thank you.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 8:51 PM

Answers

• Thank you for following up. I think the issue was that the device was not initialized because the power strip failed. Once I powered the device, it was able to initialize and the error was resolved.

Sincerely,

Emily Miller

• Marked as answer by EMiller78 Tuesday, December 20, 2016 5:58 PM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 5:58 PM

All replies

• Hi EMiller,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum

TargetInvocationException masks the real exception by telling you that it crashed during "a method invocation", usually through something.Invoke.

What you have to do is look at the InnerException property of the exception object (the TargetInvocationException object), this will give you the actual exception that was thrown, with a more useful stack trace.

By the way, this forum is about the .NET Framework Setup and Servicing, please tell us your project type, then I will help you move this case to a more appropriate forum for dedicated support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 8:04 AM
  • Hi Emiller,,

Is there any update about this issue?

Have you installed solved it successfully?

If the issue still persists, please feel free to let us know, we are willing to help you solve this.

If you think my reply is helpful, please mark my reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same issue.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 16, 2016 7:04 AM
  • Thank you for following up. I think the issue was that the device was not initialized because the power strip failed. Once I powered the device, it was able to initialize and the error was resolved.

Sincerely,

Emily Miller

• Marked as answer by EMiller78 Tuesday, December 20, 2016 5:58 PM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 5:58 PM
  • Hi EMiller78,

Glad to hear you have had your issue resolved. And thanks for sharing us your solution and result here.

It will benefit to other community members who have the same issue.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 1:31 AM