Is .Net Framework needed using VSTA code in InfoPath forms. ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Folks,

Target Technology: InfoPath 2007, VSTA, SharePoint 2007

I have InfoPath form. I wrote some code in Visual Studio Tools for Application (VSTA) and attached with InfoPath forms. This form is used by 100+ users on SharePoint site. Is it necessary for 100+ user to install .Net Framework on their box ? If so, Is there any way user can use it without .net framework installation ? Pls. advise.

Thanks, Chintan

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Users need to have the ".Net Programmability" activated during the installation of Office on their machine.

The code is executed on their machine, so they need to have the .Net Framework installed too in order to work well.

Their is no way to do without .net Framework.

Hope this helps.

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/

• Marked as answer by Chintan123 Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:04 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Users need to have the ".Net Programmability" activated during the installation of Office on their machine.

The code is executed on their machine, so they need to have the .Net Framework installed too in order to work well.

Their is no way to do without .net Framework.

Hope this helps.

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/

• Marked as answer by Chintan123 Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:04 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:07 PM
  • Thanks Remi for your reply. This I consider drawback of InfoPath Forms. 

Thanks, Chintan

Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:05 AM
  • I would like to add that's it's only true if the form is a filler-form (used in the InfoPath application, not the browser).  If the form is browser-enabled the code runs on the server and the users do not require .net, or .net programmability support for InfoPath forms, or InfoPath application for that matter. 
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 3:34 PM