Desperately lost here... RRS feed

• Question

• User387004 posted

Hello everyone, I desperately need to see if anyone can give me a hand here. I have been coding along in my app, just fine, until just recently, something changed, and I cannot begin to tell what it was. Every time I try to debug my app now I get a dialog message that says " EXCEPTION System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerables`1 source) at Mono.Debugging.VisualStudio.SymbolsAdapter.CheckForSymbols" There's more to the message, but from what I can gather it's referring to not finding debug symbols for my project.

I've double and triple checked, as far as I can tell, my debug settings have not changed, and they are configured properly for my code. Has anyone seen this? does anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing this?

I've included the log files that seemed to have some pertinent information.

My next steps are going to be trying to rebuild the Android test image, and do a reset to my last working state from Git, but if anyone has seen something like this before and can help, it would be MOST appreciated!

Thanks! Jesse.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 2:55 AM

Answers

• User387004 posted

Well I don't know what caused it, other than to say, that it is only happening with the preview build of VS Community 2019. Using the standard version, it works fine, compiles, and debugs as expected. Preview build? broken, and cannot debug... So I just finished uninstalling the preview version of VS.

Cheers!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2020 6:59 AM