Coded UI Test package failed to load RRS feed

• Question

• I have a project which I have to add a coded UI test into.

If I create a test it gives me the following error:

The following package failed to load: C:\Users\AppData\Local\assembly\dl3\W2RG6NJ4.G6O\TMOZA01A.527\ad952cf5\PublicAssemblies\Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.dll. Coded UI Test is now in an inconsistent state. Remove this package and restart Visual Studio to work with Coded UI Test.

Then it adds the Coded UI test to the project and if I try to record it gives me the same error when I generate the code.

I have seen similar errors, but with the Extension tool, and not the Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.dll

This is the error I get when I try recording.

The following package failed to load: C:\Users\AppData\Local\assembly\dl3\W2RG6NJ4.G6O\TMOZA01A.527\ad952cf5\PublicAssemblies\Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.dll

Can anyone help me to solve this?

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:27 AM

Answers

• I had the same problem today. I had an existing application made in Visual Studio 2010. Some months ago we updated it to Visual Studio 2012 and now update 1. When we added a coded ui project, we got the message above. One of the projects in the solution is a mvc 3 project (made in visual studio 2010 and upgraded everytime). That project was the problem for not succesfully creating the coded ui project. We think it is the T4Scaffolding nuget package.

How to fix: Restart VS 2012 with your project. Unload your MVC project. Add Coded UI test project. Everything must work now correctly. Reload your mvc project. Everything should still work.

• Marked as answer by Pallavi_B Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:08 PM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It looks like your VS is broken and few dll's might be missing. Which version of VS are you using? Did u install the latest updates available for your VS? You might try installing the updates for VS and then try to work on the project. If the error still persist, can you try to repair the VS (by running the setup again) and try again? 

You can also try the below.

1. Close Visual Studio
    2. Go to C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0Common7IDEPrivateAssemblies
    3. Copy the Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.IE.dll file into the bin/debug directory
    4. Restart Visual Studio and try again.

Thank you

Bharath

Bharath G P MSFT

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:43 PM
  • I had the same problem today. I had an existing application made in Visual Studio 2010. Some months ago we updated it to Visual Studio 2012 and now update 1. When we added a coded ui project, we got the message above. One of the projects in the solution is a mvc 3 project (made in visual studio 2010 and upgraded everytime). That project was the problem for not succesfully creating the coded ui project. We think it is the T4Scaffolding nuget package.

How to fix: Restart VS 2012 with your project. Unload your MVC project. Add Coded UI test project. Everything must work now correctly. Reload your mvc project. Everything should still work.

• Marked as answer by Pallavi_B Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:08 PM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:07 PM