Three calendars related through DateTime property v one calendar RRS feed

• Question

• User2074931137 posted

I'm building a project, a large purpose of which is, to keep track of three different calendars (CalendarClient, CalendarEmployee, CalendarCharter)

My instinct at the beginning was that all these calendars should be kept in one property set and differentiated by a type property (the value of which can be set to either Client, Employee, Charter) rather than three separate property sets.  Now I'm thinking that the whole purpose of a relational database is to be able to have the three property sets separate and the data from which brought together through a common DateTime property into  a view.

What is the best way to design this database?  Should I try to force three separate property sets into one calendar or should I have three separate property sets with DateTime properties that I can have related and display all three in a related view?

Saturday, February 2, 2019 1:55 PM

Answers

• User1520731567 posted

Hi 3v3rhart,

According to your description,

I prefer to three separate property sets avoid confusing data.

public DateTime CalendarClient{ get; set; }
     public DateTime CalendarEmployee{ get; set; }
     public DateTime CalendarCharter{ get; set; }

I have three separate property sets with DateTime properties that I can have related and display all three in a related view?

You could refer a DTO model which contains three models.

Best Regards.

Yuki Tao

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, February 4, 2019 7:29 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

I read your question a few times and can't make heads or tails of this requirement. 

I assume 3 different calendars means 3 different calendar Views partitioned by the user or user type.  From a relational DB perspective each calendar record would have an Id that identifies the user.  Filter by the user when fetching calendar records.

Saturday, February 2, 2019 2:30 PM
  • User1520731567 posted

Hi 3v3rhart,

According to your description,

I prefer to three separate property sets avoid confusing data.

public DateTime CalendarClient{ get; set; }
     public DateTime CalendarEmployee{ get; set; }
     public DateTime CalendarCharter{ get; set; }

I have three separate property sets with DateTime properties that I can have related and display all three in a related view?

You could refer a DTO model which contains three models.

Best Regards.

Yuki Tao

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, February 4, 2019 7:29 AM