SQL database backup on network share using maintenance plan RRS feed

• Question

• I have one sql server with 3 database i want to use maintenance plan  to take backup of database 

i have tried to create plan but its not showing network location.  

Please tell me what to do.

Akshay Pate

Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:15 AM

Answers

• Try typing in the network path

\\yourservername\networkshare\path\

• Marked as answer by Akshay Pate Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:54 PM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 3:29 PM
  • I believe that you are describing the "Back Up Database Task" form.   Toward the bottom is a Folder: field. 

Yes, the dialog only looks as local disks attached to the server.  However, you can direct the backup elsewhere by simply typing your path in to the dialog.

For example, the system might suggest:  "C:\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Backup".   When you click on the '...' button your choices might be a treeview of C:, D:, and F: drives.

If you directly type a valid path into the dialog all will be fine.  E.g. \\Backup\SQLShare\ServerName

RLF

Friday, March 22, 2013 3:38 PM

All replies

• Try typing in the network path

\\yourservername\networkshare\path\

• Marked as answer by Akshay Pate Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:54 PM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 3:29 PM
  • I believe that you are describing the "Back Up Database Task" form.   Toward the bottom is a Folder: field. 

Yes, the dialog only looks as local disks attached to the server.  However, you can direct the backup elsewhere by simply typing your path in to the dialog.

For example, the system might suggest:  "C:\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Backup".   When you click on the '...' button your choices might be a treeview of C:, D:, and F: drives.

If you directly type a valid path into the dialog all will be fine.  E.g. \\Backup\SQLShare\ServerName

RLF

Friday, March 22, 2013 3:38 PM
  • Thanks for reply.

Akshay Pate

Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:55 PM
  • Thanks for reply.

Akshay Pate

Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:55 PM