none
Visual Studio 2019 Crash RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded Visual Studio 2019 to test it. It installed OK. I Selected a WPF App and said OK. I selected build and the selected debug | Start Debugging. I immediately get the error: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: 'The system cannot find the file specified' Which file am I missing? There were no build errors? The install did not give me any errors?
    Monday, April 29, 2019 8:54 PM

All replies

• I downloaded Visual Studio 2019 to test it. It installed OK. I Selected a WPF App and said OK. I selected build and the selected debug | Start Debugging. I immediately get the error: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: 'The system cannot find the file specified' Which file am I missing? There were no build errors? The install did not give me any errors?

Hi JamesHBrown,

According to your description, you have installed Visual Studio 2019, you open one Wpf project using Visual Studio 2019, you have some issue when running this project?

Am I right? If yes, firstly, I suggest you can use Visual Studio 2017 to open this WPf project and look if it has some issue. If there are still some issue, I think it may be a problem with the wpf project, please upload your wpf project at onedrive, sharing link here, I will download your project and try it at my side.

If you use Visual studio 2017 to open wpf project, it has no issue, please create new wpf project in Visual Studio 2019, and running, look if it has some issue. If there are some issue, I think it is a problem with Visual Studio 2019, you can click Help---Send feedback---Report a Problem to feedback this issue.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 1:38 AM