How to enable Progressive Image Rendering?

Question

• Hi gents,

images load very slowly compared to IE10. No idea why.

Also there is no progressive loading i.e. images rendering row by row as data comes in from the server.

Any advice? Thanks :)

Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:54 PM

Answers

• Hi jamespaxi,

Although the windows store html app container is somewhat different from IE 10, but they share most functions and I think for image loading it should be similar especially if you directly load the image from an internet URL. What is the image you're trying to load, is there a public url available for test? Also, you can try using fiddler to mointor the HTTP traffice to see how long it takes for the image bytes to transfer through HTTP network.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 04, 2013 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi jamespaxi,

the type of your image is?

Could you share us your image and the related markup to test?

thanks. 

Yanping Wang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 04, 2013 3:36 AM
  • Hi jamespaxi,

Although the windows store html app container is somewhat different from IE 10, but they share most functions and I think for image loading it should be similar especially if you directly load the image from an internet URL. What is the image you're trying to load, is there a public url available for test? Also, you can try using fiddler to mointor the HTTP traffice to see how long it takes for the image bytes to transfer through HTTP network.

Monday, February 04, 2013 7:56 AM