none
Filter: Behind Schedule Tasks - broken? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

in MS Project 2013 I used the standard report 'Behind Schedule / Overdue Tasks' (in german: 'Verzögerte Vorgänge')

After I opend the report, I recognized evven completed tasks (100%) showed up. I changed the Baseline Date without any result.

So I assumed the Filter is broken. I tried to delete the filter from my file or rather overwrite it with the filter from the Global.MPT - But I'm getting an error: 'All Tasks Filter cannot be copied, renamed or deleted'

Anyone here can help me?

Thank you in anticipation

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 4:24 PM

All replies

• Ralf,

Try this: if you do not have custom elements in Global.mpt, find it on the system, create a copy of the file with a new name for backup (e.g. Global.OLD) and delete Global.mpt. MS Project will recreate it when you use it next time. Let us see whether this solves the issue in that particular file. 

Ismet Kocaman | eBook on Formulas

Thursday, November 10, 2016 1:26 PM
  • Hello Ismet,

I tried your solution but it didn't work for me.

Do you have any other idea?

Ralf

Friday, November 11, 2016 8:50 AM
  • Does it work in the other mpp files or in a new mpp file ? If it does, this sounds like a file corruption. 

Ismet Kocaman | eBook on Formulas

Friday, November 11, 2016 10:31 AM
  • Hi,  In the UK this filter is called "slipping tasks".  If this filter can be modified per project, so recreating the global won't help if this is a per project issue.  Check the filter against the screen shot below (click on the table in the report and the filter will show on the right hand side).  If the filter has been modified on this project, then remove it from the project by using the Organiser; once the filter is removed from the local project then the default one from the global will be used.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Friday, November 11, 2016 1:53 PM
  • Hello,

@Ismet: this problem seems to occur only in this special file. I don't get this problems in other project-files.

@Ben: I'm using an other report. But if I try to change the filter, the Edit-Button is deactivated. If I try to remove it, I get the error Massage: 'All Tasks Filter cannot be copied, renamed or deleted'

Friday, November 11, 2016 2:17 PM
  • Hi Ralf,

Okay, so IMHO "All tasks" is not the correct filter.  I would reset the report by using the organiser.

Select the Gantt Chart view.  Select File | Organiser.  Delete the report from the Project using the organiser.

Friday, November 11, 2016 2:57 PM
  • Hi Ben,

I tried this serveral times. It always ends with this error.

I'm also wondwering why project tries to delete 'All tasks' if the other filter is selected.

Friday, November 11, 2016 3:06 PM
  • But you are removing the filter. Please select the report tab.

Friday, November 11, 2016 3:09 PM
  • sry - I removed the report from the file but it didn't help. Opening the report still show all Tasks (even completed Tasks).

I still think the filter is broken but I can't edit or even delete it.

Friday, November 11, 2016 3:27 PM
  • Okay, can you share the project plan with me?

Friday, November 11, 2016 4:31 PM
  • Hello Ben,

I send you an email.

Friday, November 11, 2016 5:59 PM
  • Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the email.  I also get the issue that you see.  I spent some time and cleared the baseline - this seems to resolve the issue for me.  There seemed to be some issues on the exiting baseline because some of the values had NA and others had values (eg work).  I'll mail the file without the baseline back to you.

Let me know how you get on.

• Marked as answer by Ralf Stiegele Tuesday, November 29, 2016 6:26 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ralf Stiegele Tuesday, November 29, 2016 6:26 PM
    Saturday, November 12, 2016 11:46 PM
  • Hi Ralf,

As far as i know All tasks filter is a default MS filter and that is why you cannot delete it.

My question is why do you want to delete this filter from your filter list?

Is that the filter that you see on the report settings?  

if so, then probably the wrong filter is assigned to the report. All tasks filter will give you all the tasks, including completed. 

you might need to assign a different filter, like incomplete tasks, etc.

Maybe the default filter that was assigned got replaced by mistake?  sorry if someone already gave this answer, didn't read all responses.   

Anyway, can you see if on a blank project the report appears with a different filter?  if so you can override the report by copying it from the blank one to this project on the organizer.

Or check what you have on the Global (+Non cached enterprise)

Ofir Marco , MCTS P.Z. Projects

Sunday, November 13, 2016 2:25 PM
  • Hi Ben,

sorry for the late response. I was ill the last days.

First of all, thank you very much for Fixing the file. What exactly did you do to fix it?

I tried to do the same an deleted the baselines and set a date for all Start+End-Dates. But it didn't work.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 8:40 AM
  • Hi Ralf, from memory I just deleted the baseline... I can't add much to what I posted as I've slept since then!

Ben Howard [MVP] | <a href="http://www.applepark.co.uk">web</a> | <a href="http://www.applepark.co.uk/ben-howard-blog"> blog</a> | <a href="http:// www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/book.aspx?id=16258&locale=en-u"> book</a>

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 8:47 AM