none
vb.net 2010 Report Viewer Group Header RRS feed

• Question

• I have set up a vb.net 2010 application with a report viewer control.  My report has multiple groups with a page break on the highest level group.  It all works fine, except that I would like to have the value of the highest level group displayed in the page header, rather than in the body of the report.  I have not been able to get this to work.  Does someone know how to do this?  (I have tried dragging the field into the page header but was not able to do this.  I also looked at properties of the group but did not find anywhere this could be specified.)  Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Mary Leathem
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:55 PM

All replies

• Hello

I had similar case where i want to display group field in header.

I managed this by using list control.

Within the list Control - add one text box for group field and then add table for tabular data.

The simple way to find this - generate similer report using SQL Server 2008 reporting service.

in BIDS 2008 when you create report using report wizard, there is one step where we can define fields at page level which in turn create list control in rdl file.

Shailendra Shelar
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:28 PM
  • Shailendra,

Thanks for responding.  Could you possibly clarify how you got this to work?  I am using a local report.  I am using a list control with a text box for the group field and a table for the tabular data.  The problem is that the text box for the group field is in the body of the report and I would like for it to show in the page header of the report.  Thanks for any further help you can provide.

Mary Leathem
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:58 PM