none
NET Add-in Not. A runtime error occurred during the loading Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a MS Project Addin that works on my target machine (running Windows 7) and other PC running Windows 7.

I then tried to install the same Addin on another machine running Windows 8 which then gave me the "Load Behavior. Not Loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in".

Both machines are running MS Office 2013 and MS Project 2013.

I have reviewed other threads, but haven't seen any issues related to Windows 8.

Any thoughts?

• Moved by Yang,Chenfei Monday, May 5, 2014 5:53 AM Office Development Issue.
    Thursday, May 1, 2014 7:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Which the operating system are you used in these client machine, 64 bit or 32bit?

Both of machines have the same Version of .NET?

Consider to your scenario,I suggest you trying to enable the VSTO Alerts:

1. Set the “VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS” environment variable to 0.
    2. Then go back to the registry key I mentioned in step 1 and set the LoadBehavior to 3.
    3. Now restart the Excel.

You should be able to see a dialog describing what is happening and which line of code throw exception.

Or you can create a blank Microsoft Project add-in to check the issue is solved.

Regards,

Marvin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 16, 2014 8:17 AM

All replies

• Is this an Office Add-In. You should post this thread on Office forum.
    Saturday, May 3, 2014 2:02 PM
  • Saturday, May 3, 2014 5:48 PM
  • It's a MS Project Add-In I created in VS 2010.
    Saturday, May 3, 2014 11:22 PM
  • It's a MS Project Add-In I created in VS 2010.

Does that mean neither of those two links I posted contain information that may assist you then? It seems to me they are right on target for your issue.

La vida loca

Saturday, May 3, 2014 11:32 PM
  • Hi All,

I will move this thread to Office General Office Development forum. Where you can contact many experts about this topic,

Thanks for your understanding!

Sincerely,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, May 5, 2014 5:53 AM
  • Thanks, I tried everything in those links but no luck.  I did notice when install the Addin, it say it was successfully installed from a path: "file://"  That looks like the same path that is in the Options > Addins in MS Project.
    Sunday, May 11, 2014 7:48 PM
  • Hi,

Which the operating system are you used in these client machine, 64 bit or 32bit?

Both of machines have the same Version of .NET?

Consider to your scenario,I suggest you trying to enable the VSTO Alerts:

1. Set the “VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS” environment variable to 0.
    2. Then go back to the registry key I mentioned in step 1 and set the LoadBehavior to 3.
    3. Now restart the Excel.

You should be able to see a dialog describing what is happening and which line of code throw exception.

Or you can create a blank Microsoft Project add-in to check the issue is solved.

Regards,

Marvin

Friday, May 16, 2014 8:17 AM