Issue while calling asmx service using SOAP adapter in BizTalk 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• On calling a asmx service using BizTalk 2010 SOAP adapter throwing below error

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port " with URL "************************************************"It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"WSClientException: Parse Exception: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
    Parameter name: startIndex

Can any one have idea, what can be the possible cause of error?

• Edited by Singh AK Saturday, January 16, 2016 8:27 AM
    Saturday, January 16, 2016 8:13 AM

Answers

• Well! few pointers...

1) Any recent changes done either on BizTalk or on webservice end?

2) Debug the BizTalk code and check the request being created for the webservice and then try to test the same request using SOAP UI.

3) I have seen this error popping up when one passes wrong parameters to String.Substring Method. BizTalk or webservice maybe. 

Saturday, January 16, 2016 7:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Gennii,

Thank you for posting on MSDN forum.

Seems your issue is related to services, have you tested your services, if not then first please test your service with Soap UI and see the result.

Thanks,

If my reply is helpful please mark as Answer or vote as Helpful.

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Saturday, January 16, 2016 8:54 AM
  • Our first question, why are you using the SOAP Adapter?

You should be using one of the WCF based adapters.

Saturday, January 16, 2016 1:47 PM
  • web service doesn't have any problem. On testing through SOAP UI, we are able to post the data.

Saturday, January 16, 2016 5:57 PM
  • hello John, I am agree with your views. This application were running on production from quite long years. They raised concern about test environment as it is not working.

Test is replica of production and its not possible for me to change adapter type.

Saturday, January 16, 2016 6:03 PM
  • Well! few pointers...

1) Any recent changes done either on BizTalk or on webservice end?

2) Debug the BizTalk code and check the request being created for the webservice and then try to test the same request using SOAP UI.

3) I have seen this error popping up when one passes wrong parameters to String.Substring Method. BizTalk or webservice maybe. 

Saturday, January 16, 2016 7:08 PM
  • Hi Gennii,

Have you validated the request going to the service ?

I do thing there is some data issue with the service request and that's the reason you are getting  startIndex exception.

Thanks

Abhishek

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Monday, January 18, 2016 8:50 PM