drill down\up pivot chart in power pivot gallery (sharepoint 2013) RRS feed

• Question

• hi eb

I am able to drill down a pivot graph in sharepoint's power pivot gallery using left mouse then magnefying glass (quick explore) but how on earth do i drill up again??? Using ie back brings the original report not the last drill i was at...

TIA!

Rea

Sunday, April 12, 2015 10:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Rea,

According to your description, you need to drill up to original report in a PowerPivot chart, right?

To achieve drill up, you need to set it on your PowerPivot chart, please refer to the link below to see the details.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnHs3_BieQI

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Michael Amadi Saturday, April 18, 2015 9:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, April 27, 2015 3:51 AM
    Friday, April 17, 2015 4:01 AM
  • Hi Charlie

Thanks my original problems refers to quick explore in a pivot graph in sharepoint's power pivot gallery. I guess using the term drill down\up was mis leading. The actual oparation over there of quick explore is not drilling up\down along some dimension's heirarchy but it replaces the dimension which is ploted on that graph's axis ..so my question was how could i reverse to original graph once i did that... It appears that this is not supported in the sharepoint's gallery...

• Marked as answer by reapeleg Monday, April 27, 2015 9:26 AM
    Monday, April 27, 2015 9:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Rea,

According to your description, you need to drill up to original report in a PowerPivot chart, right?

To achieve drill up, you need to set it on your PowerPivot chart, please refer to the link below to see the details.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnHs3_BieQI

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Michael Amadi Saturday, April 18, 2015 9:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, April 27, 2015 3:51 AM
    Friday, April 17, 2015 4:01 AM
  • Hi Charlie

Thanks my original problems refers to quick explore in a pivot graph in sharepoint's power pivot gallery. I guess using the term drill down\up was mis leading. The actual oparation over there of quick explore is not drilling up\down along some dimension's heirarchy but it replaces the dimension which is ploted on that graph's axis ..so my question was how could i reverse to original graph once i did that... It appears that this is not supported in the sharepoint's gallery...

• Marked as answer by reapeleg Monday, April 27, 2015 9:26 AM
    Monday, April 27, 2015 9:26 AM
  • Hi Rea,

I am facing exactly same issue. Not much help on the net. Any help would be very much appreciated.

If only I open the graph or table on Excel Workbook I can Ctrl+Z(undo) and get back to where I started. But on SharePoint I could not find a way of doing it unless I refresh the page and start again from scratch.

Did you manage to find a solution to this issue? If so kindly share, it would be very helpful.

Regards,

Ari

Monday, June 29, 2015 3:08 PM
  • Hi Charlie,

As per your answer I could only see how to go back and forth with in a hierarchy but not to where we started off in the first place. As the Drill Dwon and Drill Up otions only appear once you have reached the hierarchial levels.

Say in the example Country->City->XXX and XXX->City ->Country. 

Say I have started off with "Drill To" Product Category then "Drill Down" ->Country->City->XXX , I am unable to "Drill Up" back to Product Category and can only get back as far as Country. Hence a page refresh to get back to the original report on the SharePoint Server to start over again.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you!

Regards,

Ari

Monday, June 29, 2015 3:15 PM
  • Hi Ari
    As far as i know there is no support for that in current release of on premise sharepoint 2013.
    I understand such issues should be resolved in the cloud power bi service
    and in the new datazen application.
    Try them out if u can or have patiance untill such features drip down to on premise releases of sharepoint....
    Rea
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 5:30 AM