Upgrade to VS2013 add HTML Client: Failed to load model. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've succesfull upgraded my project from VS2012 to VS2013 without a HTML5 project.

Now I added a HTML5 project. I get no build errors but when I debug I get this:

Any Idea? Thank you!

Friday, December 27, 2013 9:51 AM

All replies

• HI LaurentzT

We can use an HTML client project to add cross-browser, mobile web client capabilities to Visual Studio LightSwitch application, HTML clients are based on HTML5 and JavaScript and optimized for touch-first displays on mobile devices.

To add an HTML client project to an existing solution

1. In Solution Explorer, choose the Solution node.
    2. On the menu bar, choose Project, Add Client.
    3.  In the Add Client dialog box, choose HTML Client.
    4. Name the project, and then choose the OK button. A client project is added to Solution Explorer and set as the Startup project.

Please check your LightSwitch project on your side.

Regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 7:35 AM
  • I get the error when I start the HTML client, I already added it..
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 6:51 AM
  • HI LaurentzT

Please Clean and Rebuild - Cleaning and rebuilding your current Project (Right-click > Clean, Right-click Rebuild respective), and see if that makes any difference at all. 

At the same time you can also find and fix errors that occur in the code that you write by debugging your application, and follow the steps to enable diagnostics.

Regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 2:21 AM