none
[Forum FAQ] Not able to view 500 characters but only 251 on a Multi-lines Text column in SharePoint 2010 list RRS feed

• General discussion

• Introduction:

I have created a SharePoint list column of column type "Multi Lines of Text". I am saving a text having around 500 characters in the column.

When I am trying to view the Version History of the same item, I am only able to view only 251 characters in this column.

Solution:

For showing all messages in the column, we need to modify the versions.aspx page in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\template\layouts.

Open the file using Notepad and find a line using "GetTruncatedFieldValueAsHtml",

It is:
    <% SPHttpUtility.WriteNoEncode(ver.GetTruncatedFieldValueAsHtml(field),this.Page); %>

Change the code of the above line to:
    <% SPHttpUtility.NoEncode(ver.GetFieldValueAsHtml(field,SPHttpUtility.UrlKeyValueEncode(CurrentRequestUrlAndQuery)),Response.Output); %>

The result is:

This issue also happens on SharePoint 2013. For SharePoint 2013, the versions.aspx page is in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\template\layouts.

Please click to vote if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, November 13, 2015 9:51 AM