Sum many textbox value in footer RRS feed

• Question

• User-1440430215 posted

Greeting
    i have 3 textbox value in footer of my report
    i want make total (sum) for tow of them
    so when i try to make total with them give me this error

The Value expression for the textrun ‘.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]’ refers to more than one report item. An expression in a page header or footer can refer to only one report item.

i used those code for sum but none of them working

=ReportItems!Textbox62.Value+ReportItems!Textbox61.Value

i also tried this but even give me error

=CDec(ReportItems!Textbox62.Value)+CDec(ReportItems!Textbox61.Value)

is there any idea fro solve this problem

Saturday, December 7, 2019 1:36 PM

All replies

• User665608656 posted

Hi DMW2200,

According to your description, in the rdlc report, you can't refer to textboxes in an inner group.

The reason is that when the report is rendered (combining layout information with data), there will be multiple instances of the inner groups.

For example, if the outer grouping is by country and the inner grouping is by state, you'll get multiple states for USA. We wouldn't know from which inner group instance you want to get the textbox value.

You can also refer to this : Report item expressions can only refer to other report items within the same grouping scope or a containing grouping scope.

If allowed, I suggest you create three textbox values that you need to calculate in the body module of the report, and then create a textbox to directly calculate the sum of these three numbers in the body, and then hide the textbox. In the footer, create a textbox to directly obtain the value of the hidden textbox.

Best Regards,

YongQing.

Monday, December 9, 2019 6:38 AM