none
Issue with comport. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having an unit that sends data using serial to usb prolific driver, which I am continuously reading and logging the data.

The other day when I was analyzing the log file of the comport I observed a repeat of 8096 bytes which is the size I had used for SetUpCom for comport communication establishment.

Can anyone explain can there be any issue with the com buffer because I don't suspect any issue reading the comport.

Thanks in Advance,

Amrut S A

Amrut.s.a

Monday, August 25, 2014 1:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>> The other day when I was analyzing the log file of the comport I observed a repeat of 8096 bytes which is the size I had used for SetUpCom for comport communication establishment. <<

We should know the data we received. Such as the data structure, data size and so on. So please mark sure the data we received, if it is a repeat of 8096 bytes data. I think it’s OK.

Regards,

Jimmy

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:38 AM
  • I observed that it is a repeated data of 8096 bytes,read from the comport.

Are you telling me that comport can have an issue?

Because I observed this in the long run and i don't  think it is repetitive.

Regards,

Amrut

Amrut.s.a

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 7:45 AM
  • >>Are you telling me that comport can have an issue?<<

I cannot tell you. As other community member pointed. You should mark sure that there is no repeat data.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 7:25 AM