Configure TFS2015 Build Server to use a Proxy Server RRS feed

• Question

• I did this in TFS2010 Build Server a while back and it consisted of a manual Registry change...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\TeamFoundation\SourceControl\Proxy]
    "Enabled"="True"
    "AutoConfigured"="False"
    "LastConfigureTime"="03/03/2013 11:31:56"
    "URL"="http://proxy1:8081"
    "URI"="http://proxy1:8081"

Does anyone know if there is a more formal way of setting this e.g. via the TFS UI in TFS2015 Build Server, or is it still a registry change to similar key e.g.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\TeamFoundation\SourceControl\Proxy]

Any confirmation/advice appreciated

Thank you

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 3:18 PM

Answers

• Hi MV1945,

Thank you for posting here.

According the information you provided, I guess that you already have set a TFS Proxy server named proxy1. And from your local machine, you want to connect to the TFS Proxy server, so you want to know how to connect to the Proxy server from UI not by editing some values from the Windows Registry Editor. Do I understand your issue?

If so, connect to TFS Proxy server is easy. In Visual Studio, on the Tools menu, choose Options.

1.In the Options dialog box, expand Source Control, and then choose Visual Studio Team Foundation Server.
    2.Select the Use proxy server for file downloads check box.
    3.In the Proxy server name box, type the name of the server running Team Foundation Server Proxy.
    4.In the Port box, type the listener port for Team Foundation Server Proxy. By default, Team Foundation Server Proxy listens for client requests on port 8081.

For VS 2015, the matching key is uneder:  [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\TeamFoundation\SourceControl\Proxy]

For VS 2010, the matching key is under:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\TeamFoundation\SourceControl\Proxy]

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 5:57 AM