none
Data Analysis Plus won't install. OS 8.1 with MS Office Professional Plus 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I am trying to install Data Analysis Plus and it won't install. An error occurs stating that:

The value of the property 'type' cannpt be parsed. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.BusinessApplications.Fba, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTO\10.0\VSTOInstaller.exe.Config line 10)

I have never had any other OS or MS Office version installed on this computer. I am running OS 8.1 and MS Office Professional 2013. I have tried to use the alternative version of installation by placing files in the appropriate folders, but to no avail. Please help! Thank you!

Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:22 AM

Answers

• ​Hi,

Please check the file folder:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTO\10.0",if  there is a file named VSTOInstaller.exe.Config .You can delete it or rename the file as a workaround.

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards

Lan

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 6:47 AM

All replies

• Hi. I am trying to install Data Analysis Plus and it won't install. An error occurs stating that:

The value of the property 'type' cannpt be parsed. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.BusinessApplications.Fba, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTO\10.0\VSTOInstaller.exe.Config line 10)

I have never had any other OS or MS Office version installed on this computer. I am running OS 8.1 and MS Office Professional 2013. I have tried to use the alternative version of installation by placing files in the appropriate folders, but to no avail. Please help! Thank you!

Monday, January 19, 2015 11:30 PM
  • Hi Van,

I'd suggest contacting Data Analysis Plus developers instead.

The current forum is for developers and programming questions related to VSTO (not Data Analysis Plus).

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 1:16 PM
  • Yeah, I tried...but no response. Thanks, anyway!
    Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:23 AM
  • ​Hi,

Please check the file folder:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTO\10.0",if  there is a file named VSTOInstaller.exe.Config .You can delete it or rename the file as a workaround.

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards

Lan

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 6:47 AM