cryptic visual studio error RRS feed

• Question

• While attempting to build a MFC-based demo, "VIEWEX Sample: Demonstrates Multiple Views, Scroll Views, and Splitter Windows", which I obtained from the online Visual C++ Developer Center documentation, I get the following unhelpful error message:

1>------ Skipped Build: Project: Viewex ------
    1>
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 1 skipped ==========

What is the problem here?

Thanks,
    Peter
    Thursday, July 5, 2007 10:14 AM

Answers

• That's not an error message. It just means that the Viewex project is not being build (skipped). This is either because it already is built (try "Rebuild All") or because it has been disabled for building (right-click on your solution title in solution explorer, select "Configuration Manager" and check that Viewex has a check in the "Build" column)
    Thursday, July 5, 2007 1:45 PM

All replies

• That's not an error message. It just means that the Viewex project is not being build (skipped). This is either because it already is built (try "Rebuild All") or because it has been disabled for building (right-click on your solution title in solution explorer, select "Configuration Manager" and check that Viewex has a check in the "Build" column)
    Thursday, July 5, 2007 1:45 PM
  • I am getting the exact same "error" on my own Smart Device MFC application.

I have tried rebuilding which gives the same results and the build check box is checked.  No matter what I do, when I press build the project just skips.

Also, I cannot create new Smart Device MFC projects.  When trying to create a new project VS gives an Internet Explorer error saying there was an error in the script on the page and asks if I want to continue to run scripts on the page.  Whether I hit yes or no the project creation always fails and just goes back to the project creation window.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 9:16 PM
  • I had the same problem. I simple copied the path of the script that failed into internet explorer's address bar, and made sure that the page could run any active-x objects it needed to run.

That's what the wizard is - an html file with an active-x object.
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 9:20 PM
  • A reinstall of the "Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK" fixed the build skipping problem.  But I am still unable to create new projects because of the script error.

I copy and paste the page into IE and allow the active X but it comes up with an error saying "No such interface supported".  After pressing "ok" the next page is displayed but no button work because there is an error on the page.  Not a big deal right now as I can work on the existing projects I need too. Will probably come back to haunt me later though.

Discussing the project creation error here might be taking this thread a bit off topic and not helping the OP very much :-).
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 9:35 PM