none
BluetoothLEAdvertisementWatcher() could not be found RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, hey, hey

What I am trying to do is scan for BLE devices, subscribe to their services and read their characteristics on a Windows 10 machine. I am using Windows 10 Pro and version build is 1709. I am wanting it to be a console application, and I am aware that the BLE Api is for UWP, however, I have been following this tutorial: 

https://blog.cinlogic.com/2017/02/01/getting-started-with-ibeacons-and-windows-10/

This tutorial is •precisely• what I want to be doing! However issue is after despite successfully installing uwpDesktop through package manager, and despite "using Windows.Devices.Bluetooth.Advertisement" not creating any issues, when I create a watcher object: 

"var watcher = new BluetoothLEAdvertisementWatcher()" I am getting an error and when I try to run it says it can't be found. As well as iBuffer. So, it seems that the package isn't actually linked. So my questions are two fold:
    1. Why is that the case?
    2. How can I resolve this issue? 

The code I am using is literally the one in the tutorial I linked above. 

Any help & guidance would be greatly appreciated and sorry for the lengthy post!

Monday, March 19, 2018 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hi HaniQwan,

Thanks for posting here.

Your issue came out after using third-party nuget package. I also referred to the Nuget Package. I found that the last version of this package is 10.0.14393.3. So do you have this version SDK installed on your machine? You can check "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Platforms\UAP" to find all the versions you have installed.

Best Regards,

Charles

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10:34 AM