none
.net runtime opt service RRS feed

• Question

• i'm getting this when i'm trying to install/reinstall programs:

.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Service reached limit of transient errors. Will shut down. Last error returned from Service Manager: 0x80029c4a.

please explain what this is and how i can resolve my installation issues

running vista 32-bit

thanks.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:50 PM

Answers

• Hello,

What are you goning to install?

You may follow the two setps shown below and try reinstalling to see if the issue is fixed.

1. Verify that if you have turned on the feature of .NET Framework.
        (Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows features on or off - Verify that the box next to Microsoft .NET Framework has been checked)

2. Use Verification Tool to verify .Net Framework has been installed well on your OS. If .Net Framework cannot be verified on your computer, you can try to follow the steps mentioned in this blog to repair the .NET Framework.

If the installation still fails, I think we need to collect the logs for further troubleshooting. After collecting logs, you may send vslogs.cab file to me (v-jinfan@microsoft.com)

The steps to collect the log:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Install .NET Framework or VS.
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
       Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx

Thanks.

Edwer Fang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 5:54 AM