none
How to disable Form Tools Datasheet tab RRS feed

• Question

• I want to open a form for my users in AcFormDS view among others. But the users do not need to see the "FORM TOOLS DATASHEET" tab that Access insists on opening with the form in that view. I need to show the data in a datasheet without risking users who can sometimes barely use a computer venturing into the design view offered by this tab and causing trouble. Is there a way to control the tabs Access pops up in different views of forms and reports. And to insure they can't go into design view or change views?   I have a custom UI ribbon to control what users can and can't do, but this defeats the point.

Thanks for your advice.
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 11:48 PM

Answers

• > venturing into the design view offered by this tab

I am confused. Are you not deploying an ACCDE (per best practices), which has NO design features?

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Friday, July 31, 2015 4:28 AM
  • Hi HTHP,

Based on my understanding, we can deploy the ACCDE format file as Tom motioned if we don't want users make design changes to forms or reports. You create .accde files from .accdb files by doing the following:

1. In Office Access 2007, open the database that you want to save as an .accde file.

2. On the Database Tools tab, in the Database Tools group, click Make ACCDEButton image

3. In the Save As dialog box, browse to the folder in which you want to save the file, type a name for the file in the File name box, and then click Save.

In addition, here is an helpful article for your reference:
    Introduction to the Access 2007 file format

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 3, 2015 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, there is. But that would mean you'll have to create a custom Ribbon. Is that okay?

Friday, July 31, 2015 12:17 AM
  • > venturing into the design view offered by this tab

I am confused. Are you not deploying an ACCDE (per best practices), which has NO design features?

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Friday, July 31, 2015 4:28 AM
  • Hi HTHP,

Based on my understanding, we can deploy the ACCDE format file as Tom motioned if we don't want users make design changes to forms or reports. You create .accde files from .accdb files by doing the following:

1. In Office Access 2007, open the database that you want to save as an .accde file.

2. On the Database Tools tab, in the Database Tools group, click Make ACCDEButton image

3. In the Save As dialog box, browse to the folder in which you want to save the file, type a name for the file in the File name box, and then click Save.

In addition, here is an helpful article for your reference:
    Introduction to the Access 2007 file format

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 3, 2015 6:55 AM