Login control shows english on the server RRS feed

• Question

• User-242071134 posted

I want the Login control to show text in Dutch.
    I use page directive  <%@ Page  UICulture="nl-NL" Culture="nl-NL" %> and function protected override void InitializeCulture()
     It works on my local computer. When uploaded to the host server, Login still shows the english version, no matter what is set as UICulture.
    What could cause this behaviour?

here the code in function:
    protected override void InitializeCulture()
    {
    string selectedLanguage = "nl-NL";
    Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(selectedLanguage);
    Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new CultureInfo(selectedLanguage);
    base.InitializeCulture();
    }

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 7:40 AM

All replies

• User80740001 posted

Hi,

Remove this line:

base.InitializeCulture();

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 7:55 AM
  • User-242071134 posted

Bashar,

Thank You for quick reaction.
    But all the same - Login control shows in English instead of Duch :(
    I have removed this line <STRIKE>base</STRIKE><STRIKE>.InitializeCulture();
    </STRIKE>to check the status of culture on the server, I have added
    Label1.Text = CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.DisplayName.ToString();

Label says : Culture is Nederlands ( Dutch) but the controls are in English.
    It is acting strange, even on my local machine. I can switch between English and Dutch on my machine. When I change the culture to fr-FR french - the controls are all in English.
    Do You think that it has something to do with the Studio 2005 configuration? Problem is - all the rest seem to be working fine.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 10:16 AM
  • User230967436 posted

This looks very similar to my problem ! I'm sorry I don't have any solution yet though... I was looking forward for an asnwer in this topic,

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 3:38 PM
  • User498974817 posted

No solution yet??? I am facing the same problem... I have a web application whose all controls are localized normally when I check it locally on my development laptop. Since the web application's migration to a server, all controls (labels etc) seem to behave normally, except from the login control!!! I cannot see any obvious reason, since the only thing that I do, is to the set the current thread's UI culture, which seems to have impact on every other control except for the login control.

Thank you in advance,

Pantelis

Saturday, December 19, 2009 12:46 PM