none
Can't use Bower to install Angular2

Question

• How can I install Angular2 using Bower in Visual Studio?

The Manage Bower Packages wizard doesn't show any 2.0.0 alpha version to me, even when I check the "Include prerelease" checkbox:

Still people out there alive using the keyboard?

Working with SQL Server/Office/Windows and their poor keyboard support they seem extinct...

• Edited by BetterToday Thursday, December 10, 2015 7:22 PM
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 7:06 PM

Answers

• Hi BetterToday,

Long time no see you:)

To really repro this issue, could you share me the detailed steps? For example, which kind of app did you create? How can I get the Manage Bower Packages wizard as yours? You use the VS2015, am I right?

I also did some research about this issue, it seems that it is the same issue as this one in the Github.

https://github.com/angular/angular/issues/4018

Is it the same issue? If it is the same issue, it would have a limitation for this issue.

My suggestion is that you could share me the detailed steps to repro this issue, so I could test it in my side. If we make sure that it is the product limitation, we can add a feature request here:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio.
    You know that the Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.

Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites;

Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Jack

Update:

I think I could repro this issue in the web app.

So submit a feature request would be better for this issue. Thanks for your feedback for the VS product, BetterToday:)

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 14, 2015 2:39 AM

All replies

• Hi BetterToday,

Long time no see you:)

To really repro this issue, could you share me the detailed steps? For example, which kind of app did you create? How can I get the Manage Bower Packages wizard as yours? You use the VS2015, am I right?

I also did some research about this issue, it seems that it is the same issue as this one in the Github.

https://github.com/angular/angular/issues/4018

Is it the same issue? If it is the same issue, it would have a limitation for this issue.

My suggestion is that you could share me the detailed steps to repro this issue, so I could test it in my side. If we make sure that it is the product limitation, we can add a feature request here:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio.
    You know that the Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.

Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites;

Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Jack

Update:

I think I could repro this issue in the web app.

So submit a feature request would be better for this issue. Thanks for your feedback for the VS product, BetterToday:)

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 14, 2015 2:39 AM
  • Hi Jack,

how are you?

Yes, that's the solution. Thank you very much for providing me with this.

So the Angular team has deprecated Bower in favor of NPM. Then I'll use NPM instead.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
    Axel

Still people out there alive using the keyboard?

Working with SQL Server/Office/Windows and their poor keyboard support they seem extinct...

Monday, December 14, 2015 9:51 AM