none
Problem with VS 2008 and Expression Blend 3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody!

I'm trying to develop a Silverlight application for a system based on Windows Embedded Compact 7 on an industrial PC (x86 platform with an ARM Cortex and a DRAM of 512MB).  I have installed Visual Studio 2008 SP1, Expression Blend 3 and Windows Embedded Silverlight Tools (in VS2008, Tools menù, I can find the WEST option). I haven't Platform Builder and Windows Embedded Compact 7 installed on my PC.

I'm building a simple new project on Expression Blend (just a button with a click event) : on "New Project" menu I choose the "Silverlight for Windows Embedded Application" option, I input the project name and location (path without spaces) and I choose the Visual c# language option. Then I insert a button, I give it the name "btnExample". After that I select the "Events" menu, and in the "click" box I input the event-name "btnExampleClick" (it's the same if I double-click in the box thus giving to the event default name). When I confirm this operation, VS2008 is opened but the solution of the project is not available. So I try to upload it by hand, but an error appears : the message tell me that it is not possible to open the project file because the project type is not supported by current installation.

If I return to Expression Blend, two errors appear : the first message is "Cannot change the code-behind file. The following class was not found:" and the second one is "Unable to add event handler".

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions...

Friday, May 24, 2013 10:24 AM

All replies