Mulit web site modules. RRS feed

• Question

• User184855766 posted

I'm not sure where to post this..

I'm using VS2005.  I have a web site project for our intranet. It using Active Directory Membership and Roles for our login and security on for the other pages.   Atm,  If I create a new "module" (a group of pages, example Sales person Visit tracking/log and reporting) for the web site, I code it right in the web site project.   When Im done, I publish to a local directory and copy the new directory to the web server and copy each of the dlls.   ( I have fixed naming and single page assemblies and allow precomplied site to be updatable so I can just copy up what has changed).

I'm about to start on a new project that needs to use the same login page as the intranet site.   This project is in itself can be a full web site.  I like to be able to really Module it.  Write it as a seperate Web site and then "PLUG" it in to the Intranet.

How do I pass the current  Active Directory Membership and Roles Session  and use the same Web.sitemap  to this  virtual web site?    I like to it to look like its intergated into the Intranet site. 

exp. (
    internal.mtsweb.com <- Intranet Website URL
    internal.mtsweb.com/WEB <- Current web site.
    internal.mtsweb.com/BOS <- New Businese app.
    )

Thanks..

Ed. Q

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 5:22 PM

Answers

• User809300247 posted

You can still put them in one website and then use URL Rewrite to redirect user to your sub module.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms972974.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 13, 2009 1:58 AM