AllJoyn Device System Bridge for BlueTooth Low Energy devices RRS feed

• Question

• Do You plan to provide AllJoyn Device System Bridge for BlueTooth Low Energy devices?

Thank You

Sunday, November 22, 2015 8:55 PM

Answers

• Hello Marek!

Windows 10 IoT Core devices could connect to Bluetooth Low Energy devices through the implementation of a Device System Bridge (DSB). There is currently no plan for Microsoft develop and release a DSB for Bluetooth LE devices, but our documentation describes how customers can build these to connect their devices to Windows 10 IoT Core.  Please take a look at the documentation shared in the link above, and let us know if these tools will suite your needs.

Monday, November 23, 2015 8:23 PM
  • Sure, Marek. AllJoyn Studio should be exactly what you're looking for. Check it out that the link below:

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/064e58a7-fb56-464b-bed5-f85914c89286

"AllJoyn® Studio accelerates AllJoyn® development by combining code generation and the WinRT API with automated project management and ready-made application templates. It allows developers to benefit from the power of AllJoyn without the hassle of set-up and configuration."

Check it out, and let us know if that suites your needs.

Thanks!

Friday, December 4, 2015 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hello Marek!

Windows 10 IoT Core devices could connect to Bluetooth Low Energy devices through the implementation of a Device System Bridge (DSB). There is currently no plan for Microsoft develop and release a DSB for Bluetooth LE devices, but our documentation describes how customers can build these to connect their devices to Windows 10 IoT Core.  Please take a look at the documentation shared in the link above, and let us know if these tools will suite your needs.

Monday, November 23, 2015 8:23 PM
  • Thank You Marcus.
    I know it can be done ;-)
    So Microsoft does not plan it. OK

Then I will do some work on it.

What I miss is sincere support for AllJoyn as WinRT or .NET library which would allow me to develop AllJoyn providers and consumers without intermediate C++/Cx components allowing me to have full controll over device node paths and interfaces.
    I do not see it in DSB or have I overlooked something?
    Is there full AllJoyn C library wrapper available for WinRT/.NET?
    Monday, November 23, 2015 8:51 PM
  • Sure, Marek. AllJoyn Studio should be exactly what you're looking for. Check it out that the link below:

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/064e58a7-fb56-464b-bed5-f85914c89286

"AllJoyn® Studio accelerates AllJoyn® development by combining code generation and the WinRT API with automated project management and ready-made application templates. It allows developers to benefit from the power of AllJoyn without the hassle of set-up and configuration."

Check it out, and let us know if that suites your needs.

Thanks!

Friday, December 4, 2015 3:07 PM
  • Thank You Marcus.

Alljoyn Studio as I know it is about generating WinRT components from known Alljoyn interfaces (XML or discovered).
    It does not allow dynamic generation of Alljoyn providers and consumers from another already available models (.net libraries etc.) with full Alljoyn specification support.
    Well put simply there is no full .NET wrapper of MSAJlib.dll C API:

https://connect.microsoft.com/windowsembeddedIoT/Feedback/Details/2091356

Friday, December 4, 2015 8:23 PM