none
[MS-OXCFOLD] Default settings for search folders RRS feed

• Question

• [MS-OXCFOLD] 2.2.4.1.6 SearchFlags has a table containing a number of flag values.

The are a couple of entries in the table for shallow / recursive search:

RECURSIVE_SEARCH
    0x00000004
    The search includes the search folder containers that are specified in the folder list in the request buffer and all their child folders. This flag cannot be set at the same time as the SHALLOW_SEARCH flag.

SHALLOW_SEARCH
    0x00000008
    The search only looks in the search folder containers specified in the FolderIdList parameter for matching entries. This flag cannot be set at the same time as the RECURSIVE_SEARCH flag. Passing neither RECURSIVE_SEARCH nor SHALLOW_SEARCH indicates that the search will use the flag from the previous execution of RopSetSearchCriteria. Also, passing neither RECURSIVE_SEARCH nor SHALLOW_SEARCH for the first search defaults to RECURSIVE_SHALLOW.

I'm fine with that, except for the last sentence. Should "RECURSIVE_SHALLOW" be "RECURSIVE_SEARCH" or "SHALLOW_SEARCH" (or something else again)?

Brad
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 6:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Brad,

I have confirmed the documentation for MS-OXCFOLD Section 2.2.4.1.6 should state “SHALLOW_SEARCH”:

SHALLOW_SEARCH

0x00000008

The search only looks in the search folder containers specified in the FolderIdList parameter for matching entries. This flag cannot be set at the same time as the RECURSIVE_SEARCH flag. Passing neither RECURSIVE_SEARCH nor SHALLOW_SEARCH indicates that the search will use the flag from the previous execution of RopSetSearchCriteria. Also, passing neither RECURSIVE_SEARCH nor SHALLOW_SEARCH for the first search defaults to SHALLOW_SEARCH.

Regards,

Mark Miller

Escalation Engineer

US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Thursday, August 5, 2010 8:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Brad:

I have alerted protocol documentation team regarding your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 5:23 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Brad,

FYI, I have this issue too, and will follow up asap.

Regards,

Mark Miller

Escalation Engineer

US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:31 PM
  • Mark,

How is this one going?

Brad

Monday, August 2, 2010 4:18 AM
  • Hi Brad,

Thank you for your patience.  I have not forgotten about this issue.  I am still pursuing confirmation of the answer to this question.  I will update you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Mark Miller

Escalation Engineer

US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Monday, August 2, 2010 5:20 PM
  • Hi Brad,

I have confirmed the documentation for MS-OXCFOLD Section 2.2.4.1.6 should state “SHALLOW_SEARCH”:

SHALLOW_SEARCH

0x00000008

The search only looks in the search folder containers specified in the FolderIdList parameter for matching entries. This flag cannot be set at the same time as the RECURSIVE_SEARCH flag. Passing neither RECURSIVE_SEARCH nor SHALLOW_SEARCH indicates that the search will use the flag from the previous execution of RopSetSearchCriteria. Also, passing neither RECURSIVE_SEARCH nor SHALLOW_SEARCH for the first search defaults to SHALLOW_SEARCH.

Regards,

Mark Miller

Escalation Engineer

US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Thursday, August 5, 2010 8:36 PM
  • Mark,

Thanks for this information.

Brad

Thursday, August 5, 2010 11:06 PM