none
Handstate is always Unknown RRS feed

• Question

• So I downloaded the example from kinect browser. And HandState is always unknown or not tracked.

switch (handState)
                {

case HandState.Closed:
                        drawingContext.DrawEllipse(this.handClosedBrush, null, handPosition, CoorZ, CoorZ);
                        break;

case HandState.Open:
                        drawingContext.DrawEllipse(this.handOpenBrush, null, handPosition, CoorZ, CoorZ);
                        break;

case HandState.Lasso:
                       drawingContext.DrawEllipse(this.handLassoBrush, null, handPosition, CoorZ, CoorZ);
                        break;
                    case HandState.NotTracked:
                        drawingContext.DrawEllipse(this.handNotTrackedBrush, null, handPosition, CoorZ, CoorZ);
                        break;
                    default:
                        drawingContext.DrawEllipse(this.handUnknownBrush, null, handPosition, CoorZ, CoorZ);

break;
                }

I modify the original code a little bit to check the handState. It is still either unknown or notTracked. Except the handState, everything is perfect.

I checked kinect configuration verifier. There is a warning for USB controller. "Supported 3.0 port detected with bandwith. Kinect may or may not be compatible with your hardware."

Since the kinect can track all the joints and stuff. I think it would not be the problem.

So how can I get the correct handState data from the kinect controller?

Thanks in advance,

Serena

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:03 PM

Answers

• I've seen cases where outdated GPU drivers could cause the hand (and also face) detector code to fail.

Maybe updating to the latest drivers from the NVidia/AMD/Intel site helps.

Brekel

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:24 PM

All replies

• I've seen cases where outdated GPU drivers could cause the hand (and also face) detector code to fail.

Maybe updating to the latest drivers from the NVidia/AMD/Intel site helps.

Brekel

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:24 PM
  • Brekel,

I updated my driver to the latest one. And it worked.

Thank you so much,

Serena

Thursday, July 9, 2015 7:53 PM