none
Export Data from Web Database to Excel RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to export table data from an Access web database file (.accdb). From what I've learned so far this cannot be done for security reasons: Many macros, including ExportWithFormatting, are not available for web databases. Is there another way to accomplish this with the macros available?

I also have tried to create a standard database and use the ImportExportData macro to import the table from the web database, but I get an error stating "You do not have the necessary permissions to use the 'blah' object. Have your system administrator to the person who created this object establish the appropriate permissions for you." Is there a way around this?

Thanks.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 2:37 PM

All replies

• Hi trevdawg122,

First of all , let me inform you that Access Web App does not provide any way to directly export the data to Excel.

but Access Web database allows you to Export the data to SharePoint list.

then from SharePoint you can export the data to Excel.

Export an external list to Excel

This is the one workaround that you can try to solve your issue.

other way is to download the Web Database and then open it in Access on machine.

then you can try to export the data to Excel.

are you only the person who is using this database?

if you have administrator then it is better to ask him to provide you necessary permission to perform this operation.

Regards

Deepak  

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 12, 2017 1:53 AM
  • Deepak, thank you for the response. I didn't explain our next step, but we were hoping to automate exporting the data to Excel daily. With the two steps you outlined above, exporting to a SharePoint external list and then exporting an external list to Excel, does SharePoint allow automating this two step process?

For instance could synchronizing a SharePoint list with an Excel spreadsheet be done, but use Windows Task Scheduler to run a macro in the spreadsheet to refresh the data. Unfortunately this would likely only update the spreadsheet with the SharePoint external list contents and not the latest web database contents.

Thanks.

Friday, May 12, 2017 1:06 PM
  • Hi trevdawg122,

further I try to search to find a simple way to export data to Excel.

I find that in Datasheet , Access provide a Download button from where you can directly download data to Excel.

Reference:

Introducing a new feature in Access 2013 web apps—Download in Excel

I try to find a way to achieve the same with Macro, but I did not get any option for that.

if you still want to follow the SharePoint approach then you need to ask this question on SharePoint Forum.

there is a specific forum which handles SharePoint related issues.

SharePoint Forum

they can suggest you to export data from sharepoint to Excel, but I think the code will be in any other language and not in Macro.

As I checked there is no option to export data from Access Web App to SharePoint using Macro (only user interface option available).

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 15, 2017 1:43 AM