none
Error updating EV code signing certificate for LSA submission RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I've updated our Dev Center dashboard with our new EV code signing certificate from DigiCert. I've confirmed that the new certificate is listed under Administration | Manage Certificates (our old one was from VeriSign, so it's easy to tell).

However, when I navigate to File signing services | Create LSA submission, I immediately see the below error on the page. Is the LSA submission procedure broken? How do I fix this?

"It looks like your organization doesn’t
    have an EV Certificate, which is required for LSA submissions. Click
    Here

for more help with our certificate requirements and where to get an
    EV certificate
    "

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:36 PM

All replies

• I work with Dan, and I'm looking at this issue - basically:

1.  We've upload a winqual.exe file, signed with our DigiCert EV Codesigning certificate from the DigiCert EV CA:

CN=DigiCert EV Code Signing CA (SHA2), OU=www.digicert.com, O=DigiCert Inc, C=US

2. I attempted to sign a test cab, and submit it to the LSA submissions page at https://sysdev.microsoft.com/en-US/Hardware/member/SubmissionWizard/CreateLsaSubmission.aspx.

3. In addition to the error above, the wizard doesn't like the certificate used to sign the cab, failing with the error:

File is not signed with an EV cert.

I wonder - has anyone tested this using the DigiCert EV CA?  This seems to be the root of the problem - the EV certificate doesn't appear to be acceptable to the LSA submission backend.  Please help - this is blocking product deployment at a customer site requiring protected process restrictions on LSASS.

Monday, July 28, 2014 3:27 PM